Wraps are an easy option to take to the office. All your food is wrapped up in edible paper (corn tortillas) and all you have to do it warm it up gently and head back to your desk. Make your chicken wraps a little more exciting by adding a Mexican twist. You can add guacamole for extra Mexican but take it in a separate container as you don’t want to warm the guac with your wrap. Same deal with the pico di gallo, though not as important. If the wrap idea seems to messy for the office, serve with plain white rice.
Mexican chicken tacos
- 250g chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- Corn tortillas
- Crème fraiche
- Handful shredded cheddar cheese
- Pico di gallo
- Fresh mint and/or coriander
- Spring onions, sliced
- Mix together the ground spices, minced garlic, lime zest, juice of one lime and salt and pepper.
- Combine the spice mix with the chicken, using your hands to really get that spice rub all over the meat.
- Allow to marinate for as long as you can. 30 minutes is acceptable, overnight is better.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the chicken bits, scraping as much as the spice rub off of the bowl as you can.
- Fry until the chicken is cooked through, approx. 5 mins.
- Assemble the tacos by adding a little bit of crème fraiche to a tortilla.
- Top with cooked chicken and shredded cheese.
- Add the garnishes of your choice and fold the wrap over so that the filling remains inside.
- Wrap in baking paper (microwaveable) and take your guac and pico di gallo in a separate container.