These summer rolls make a great office lunch that fits in with that spring time tightening of belts. Plenty of veggies all tightly wrapped in rice paper with a delicious peanut butter dipping sauce. What’s more is that they are totally vegan so perfect for those days when you’re trying to stay plant-based.
Vegan tofu and mango summer rolls with peanut dipping sauce
Peanut dipping sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Small piece of ginger, minced
- 1 block firm tofu
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ yellow pepper, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- ½ small red cabbage, shredded
- ½ mango, chopped into matchsticks
- Handful fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- Handful dry-roasted peanuts
- 12 spring roll rice papers (found in the Asian section in the supermarket)
- Whisk together the ingredients of the dipping sauce adding as much water as necessary to get a loose consistency and set aside.
- Cut the tofu into matchstick pieces and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Season with olive oil, soy, salt pepper, smoked paprika and liquid smoke if using.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins until golden, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare all the vegetables on a chopping board.
- Soak one of the rice papers in very hot water for approx. 10 seconds (some papers will take a bit longer).
- Remove from the water and place on a clean tea towel.
- Place some coriander in the middle of the rice paper wrap and top with all the ingredients.
- Lift the side of the rice paper that’s closest to you, gently pull it forward (away from you) over the fillings. Hold the wrap firmly while you fold in each end of the wrap. Continue rolling to seal the seam.
- Continue with the remaining wraps and ingredients.
- Place them between lettuce leaves in your lunchbox to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Serve with peanut dipping sauce.